2020-2021 Apprenticeship Applications (100% Remote)
LingvoHouse Translation Services Ltd, is a Central London based multi-language translation services provider targeting B2B, we are dynamic and rapidly growing translation agency founded 12 years ago, with clients including Legal 500 law firms, FTSE 250 companies, top tier international banks and other companies worldwide. We are a 100% digital company with a multilingual team located across the world & HQ in London.
We are opening 2020-2021 apprenticeship applications.
- Join a successful & established translation company to gain a hands-on work experience and latest technology skills to jump-start your career in the translation industry:
- get practical experience and musty-have translation industry skills
- learn latest PM & CAT tools in action
- lots of opportunities to try yourself as a translator & project-manager
- see project & account managers at work
- get familiar with a busy deadline-driven work setting
- understand client requirements & expectations from translators
- see the hiring of freelance translators in action, QA and other procedures
- Apply anytime. Length of apprenticeship from 3 months to 1 year, within possibility to become a permanent team member.
This role is remote/home-based, can be part-time or full-time, you can be located in any country and will NOT be required to travel to the London office, as long as you can work during UK business hours.
- work remote from the convenience of your home
- become a part of a unique digital company with a team located all around the world
- try yourself in lots of interesting translation projects
- collaborate and socialise with young & friendly people from different cultures
- start your career in an established rapidly-growing business with solid career prospects
- possibility to become permanent team member (team tripled in size in the last 24 months alone)
- get business-side training and see senior managers at work
- participate in brainstorming with a chance to get noticed
- get paid for any translation work as a real translator, on per word basis
- get per hour apprentice rate for non-translation work
- get extra income for any client referrals
- Graduate or in the final year of Bachelor’s degree in a language course, as a minimum
- English Language on the level of a native speaker
- French (plus any other) as the working source language
- Must be a confident user of Microsoft Office products, Outlook mail app
- Must be willing & able to learn new things quickly, be open to challenges and thrive on success
- Critical thinker, able to find a solution under stress
- Motivated, flexible and responsible, able to cope well in a busy environment
- Able to work independently as well as within a team
- Exceptional Multitasker, can-do attitude
- Confidence, success-driven, strong desire to succeed
Beneficial if you have at least one of:
- already able to use CAT tools (Smartcat, Trados and/or any other translation-related tools)
- Additional European language preferred (German > EN pair preferred)
How to Apply
Please email you CV and cover letter (to explain why you want this opportunity and why you think you are a perfect fit) to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
ref. Apprenticeship 2020/ your name