The Impact of Crypto Localization Services on User Engagement
In the world of crypto, global reach is everything. Whether you’re launching a new token, or developing a cutting-edge blockchain solution, you need to reach users all over the world. And that’s where crypto localization services can change the game for your crypto brand.
By not just translating, but also localizing your content for different geographical and cultural audiences, you can break down linguistic barriers and build meaningful connections with users from all walks of life. But how does this affect user engagement, and what are some of the benefits and challenges of crypto localization? Let’s explore the impact of crypto localization on user engagement and find out.
The Role of Language in User Engagement
Spoken and written language is the primary means of communication for most humans. It’s how we express our innermost thoughts, convey our moods, and share our opinions. One could argue that language is the foundation of all of society and without effective communication, most human achievements would not exist today. But bringing things back to the crypto world, language also plays a pivotal role in the relationship between the user and the brand.
Crypto brands face several challenges, which are not always found in other industries. Firstly, there is a technical barrier that users must overcome before they will commit to adopting a blockchain solution. If you’re a brand trying to convince someone to buy your new line of running shoes, you’re not going to face the same kind of problem. Shoes are a universally understood concept and you don’t need to be technically savvy to understand how to purchase a new pair. Cryptocurrencies, however, are a more complex product and language is integral in helping users get to grips with the technology.
Secondly, there is the issue of trust. Scams and shady operations are rife in the crypto world, so it’s not surprising that many potential users are sceptical of new projects. Crypto brands are asking their users to invest their hard-earned money into something that may or may not give them returns. Overcoming this trust barrier also requires effective communication, and that’s where crypto localization services come into play.
Imagine you’re a potential crypto investor and you stumble across a new project. Maybe it’s been created by an American team, but you’re not a native English speaker. You’re trying to get a better feel for its legitimacy, so you start reading the white paper. Your level of English is basic, so you’re struggling to really understand what this new project is all about. To make matters worse, the writers have peppered in many obscure technical terms that you don’t understand. The project sounds like it might be interesting, but after pouring over the white paper for some time, you’re still not sure you’ve grasped the supposed use case of this new token. Are you likely to invest? Probably not.
Without crypto localization, you risk alienating an enormous potential user base. According to one global survey, cryptocurrency adoption rates are on the rise in many countries throughout the world. In Nigeria, a whopping 45% of the population either owns or uses cryptocurrencies. Other countries with significant adoption rates include Thailand, where 44% of the population is involved in crypto, Turkey with 40%, and Argentina with 35%. However, in the United States, only a mere 16% of the population currently owns or uses cryptocurrency.
While the number one country on this list is home to a majority English-speaking population, the needs of a crypto adoptee in Nigeria will still naturally differ from that of a crypto adoptee in the United States – thanks to regulatory, cultural, socio-economic, and linguistic differences. Thailand, Turkey, and Argentina, on the other hand, are all countries where English is not even the primary language. Without crypto localization, engaging users in any of these crypto-friendly markets will be an uphill battle for an emerging crypto brand.
The Benefits of Crypto Localization
So, we’ve established that there is a strong link between user engagement and crypto localization, but how exactly does this play out in practice? Let’s explore some of the key benefits of crypto localization in more detail below.
- Increased global reach. Every language barrier you manage to break down is a potential new customer base. Through localized messaging, you can make yourself visible in markets that you may not have been able to reach before. The door is now open for you to start courting users worldwide, which is a great way to expand your brand reach.
- Enhanced user experience. Have you ever tried to use an app or perform a technical task in a foreign language? For many people, navigating the complexities of crypto investment can be stressful even if they have a complete grasp of the language being used. But if you’re dealing with a language barrier, this challenge will increase tenfold. Crypto localization is all about providing users with a stress-free and user-friendly experience, which in turn will result in greater adoption rates and far better engagement levels.
- Stronger crypto communities. “Community” is powerful in the crypto industry. Brand loyalty plays a pivotal role in the success of many crypto projects, and when users feel like they are part of something bigger than themselves, they are more likely to stick with a particular project. But how can you foster a sense of community if many of your users don’t understand the language? That’s where crypto localization is critical to success. By taking the time to localize your messaging, you create a sense of belonging that can help ensure long-term growth for your project.
- Improved trust and credibility. From the moment a user comes in contact with your website or brand, they begin to form their opinion. Gaining trust early on is critical if you want to attract long-term users, and this is where crypto localization can be hugely beneficial. Showing that consideration was taken to customise your site and messaging for their local culture and language can foster a greater sense of connection, which is the foundation of trust.
The Challenges of Crypto Localization
While crypto localization is a powerful tool for crypto brands trying to break into local markets, the process is not without its own challenges. Let’s break down some of the common issues faced by crypto brands trying to localize their product (and then we’ll tell you how to get around them).
- Restricted translator pool. Cryptocurrencies are a niche subject. If you’re trying to localize for a less widely spoken language, you may struggle to find a professional linguist who possesses both the necessary industry knowledge and translation skills to deliver high-quality crypto localization services.
- Lack of direct equivalents. What’s the word for ‘tokenomics’ in Hausa? For many crypto industry terms, there are no direct equivalents in other languages. So you’ll need to find a linguist who is both knowledgeable enough to come up with effective translations and adept at conveying the underlying concept.
- Complex regulatory environments. Regulations around cryptocurrencies differ from country to country. Without an in-depth knowledge of local laws, you could inadvertently find yourself running into legal trouble – or worse, having your product banned entirely.
- Agile updates. Cryptocurrencies are an ever-evolving asset class. A frequent challenge for crypto localizers is the need to keep up with the pace of change and ensure that translations remain current.
So, how can crypto brands tackle these challenges head-on and ensure a fast, affordable, and high-quality translation and localization process for their business? The answer is simple: enlist the help of a specialist localization agency. As our world becomes increasingly interconnected thanks to the growing number of humans with Internet access, the need for professional translation and localization services has also risen dramatically.
Localization service providers can provide the industry knowledge, language expertise, and regulatory understanding needed to help your crypto brand bridge the user engagement gap. By partnering with a localization agency, you get instant access to a pool of subject matter specialists who also happen to be highly-qualified linguists. Most agencies also utilise some of the most advanced translation tools available to speed up the localization process. This allows you to increase your time to market at a fraction of the budget compared to going at it alone.
Partner with LingvoHouse for Professional Crypto Localization Services
At LingvoHouse, we are a one-stop translation and localization agency that specialises in helping crypto brands localize their products. Our team of highly qualified linguists possess both the industry know-how and technical skills needed to effectively convey your message across cultures. We also employ advanced tools such as machine learning and translation memory technology to ensure you receive the most accurate translations in the quickest turnaround time.
We have worked with some of the leading names in the crypto industry, providing professional and cost-effective translation and localization services. So if you’re looking to break into new local markets, trust LingvoHouse to help you get there efficiently and effectively. Reach out today to get started!
LingvoHouse is a professional translation & interpreting agency with a wealth of industry experience. They specialise in bespoke translation solutions in over 200 languages in a range of different industries. With a team of more than 4,000 professional translators located across the globe, the company offers round-the-clock services that are highly accurate with unmatched turnaround times.
For more information, please visit https://www.lingvohouse.com/