Register as a Public Sector Translator
We are looking for professional translators (English<>target language) to translate for NHS, NEPO frameworks, local authorities, and NGOs and who have specific expertise in health conditions, wellness, and medicines. We are seeking long-term partners who will provide us with seamless translation services throughout the duration of those contracts which is typically 3-4 years.
The position is for freelance translators, interested in on-demand cooperation in which translators will be paid on a per word basis.
An ideal candidate should:
- be a fully qualified translator and hold a degree in a target language or a degree in Translation
- provide evidence of previous experience and/or expertise in written Document Translation, Proof Reading, Audio/Video translation, Transcription, etc.
- have translated a minimum of 25,000 words in a given specialism
- manage their workload and meet agreed deadlines with no supervision
- provide evidence of a DBS check, if applicable
Translator criteria based on project needs (language-subject-deadline-tools). Grading is based on experience and rates. Pricing has 40% weight. Translators with legal & medical profiles will be contacted more often.
- hold a minimum of BA in Linguistics or Literature, or similar; or
- evidence of having translated at least 25,000 words in the field you want to work in
- at least 2 satisfactory references from other UK agencies,
- we may ask for a short sample translation,
- agree to GDPR policy,
- agree to the T&Cs and the ITI Code of conduct
- sign the NDA,
- you are a user of CAT tools,
- some jobs will require a certain clearance level (DBS etc.)
How to apply
If you are interested to join, please apply by filling in the form below. You will need:
- your CV and certificates, copy of ID, DBS certificate
- copy of references
- the language you are native in and the combinations you work with
- key areas of specialisation
- standard rates
- availability including evenings and weekends
- whether you accept Paypal or TransferWise (we do not pay by bank transfer outside UK due to high charges)
- best contact details for urgent inquiries
- other information as requested,