Please choose the Service Level from the below options and read the
limitations for each service level before making the choice.
A. Basic Professional
- When cost & speed is the priority
- Lowest price human translation
- Fastest turnaround
- Native speaker professional translation
- Proofread &spell-checked by same person
- Quality control by PM
- Translation Memory upon request
- Basic formatting where possible
- Certification if needed
- When quality is the priority
- Translated by subject-matter native speaker expert
- Second-stage quality control
- Proofread & spell-checked
- Quality checked by PM
- Terms research included
- Translation Memory upon request
- Accurately reflected meaning
- Formatting where possible
- Certification if needed
C. Business Critical
End-to-end full professional translation solution
- All of Standard Translation, plus
- Styled as if it was originally written in target language
- Reproduce the voice of original
- Reproduce formatting where possible
- Best choice for marketing materials & other critical business documents
- Project-management included
For launching in new markets
- All of Business Critical, plus
- Adhere to on-brand messaging & target audience
- Industry Compliance Check
- by localisation expert
Limitations on scope of services included in each rate band
You have been quoted for translation only, unless otherwise listed in the quote. Please make sure you understand the limitation of the chosen service level and what the final deliverable will be.
A. Basic Professional: Budget level speedy translation service.
Excluded: Terms research | Styling/Fine-tuning/Editor/Copywriter/Localisation Services | Independent Proofreading | PM QA | Full formatting to match original layout.
Service Limitations: this service level might NOT to be suitable for business critical/expert knowledge materials or any content that will be published or distributed to wide audience. Style is not a primary consideration, the client accepts & waives any complaints for immaterial discrepancies & wording nuances, and accepts the translators’ own discretion in choice of terms, unless terminology list is provided.
B. Expert Translation: High Quality Specialist Document Translation
Excluded: Localisation | Transcreation | Editors/Copywriter Services | Styling to sound natural | Specialist formant delivery | Full DTP |
Service Limitations: suitable for technical, legal, financial and other non-creative materials, where sector knowledge is required. Style is not a primary consideration here, hence any promotion & sales material would require Level C, unless you have own resources to style it.
C. Business Critical Translation: End-to-End Translation Solution
Excluded: Localisation | Editors/Copywriter | Full DTP /Designer | Developer Services – these services will come as extra cost, please enquire for a quote.
Service Limitations: designed for any business critical & promotional materials where sector knowledge is required: websites, product/service presentations, publications etc. however full localization service is excluded, unless explicitly agreede upon.
For Levels B&C –
Outsourced translators cannot be expected to substitute the input of an industry professional (editor, copywriter, ad/marketing/branding executive, lawyer, compliance officer or financier etc.) therefore for some projects the final deliverable might still not feel like “ready to use” material. If the expectation on the deliverable is a fully finished ready-to-go material, the client might be requested either to brief the translators before commencement of the project on preferred terminology, style, target audience, underlying business message & use of the content, or accept the translators’ own discretion and waive any complaints any immaterial discrepancies & choice of wording nuances. If post-edit/adaptation is required the client might be expected to collaborate with the translators as needed.
This service is designed for translation of the content for the purposes of lauching in new markets. Depending on the industy, knowledge of promotion regulations may be required.
Service Limitations: localization projects scope & expectation on the final deliverable must be outlined by the client to us before commencement of work.
General T&C for Written Translation Projects
- Clients are quoted by default for Service Level A unless specified otherwise. This is the basic budget service where small number of typos are admissible due to lack of second stage checking. Please consult LingvoHouse Service Levels before placing the order to choose the correct level. For rush deliveries, service levels B-C may not be feasible.
- Turnaround times are quoted for delivery by email only. If requested, hard copies will be sent out after delivery by email via 1st class post unless otherwise agreed.
- Quotes will always exclude translation of non-editable elements unless specifically requested upfront.
2. Placing order
2.1. Confirmation to proceed by email constitutes the contract. LingvoHouse T&Cs are deemed accepted upon confirmation to proceed.
2.2. The client is requested to provide Billing Entity, Billing Address, and where applicable Case Reference, full name and email address of the person responsible for the invoice and any specific instructions, whether formally requested or not. It will not be possible to amend any of those details once translation is one and invoice is submitted to the client.
2.3. The client must provide reference materials, TM files or a dictionary at the point of placing order, otherwise we will translate terms, abbreviations, expressions at own discretion and will not accept any complaints on appropriateness of translation.
2.4. By placing the order the Client accepts that LingvoHouse may place client’s logo in the client’s section of our website. If this is not permitted please let us know before placing the order.
3. Postage of Hard copy
- Where a hard copy of the translation is required, we can only post within the UK via 1st class Royal Mail, or via Next-day Royal Mail for an extra fee. We are not able to organise neither courier service (client to arrange pick-up if needed) nor post the hard copy overseas, unless otherwise agreed before the order is placed.
- Projects can be cancelled at any time by email. If the translator has already started working on the file, then LingvoHouse will charge an amount equivalent to the number of words processed and will deliver the partially translated file in return.
- The price the services shall be agreed upon by the Agency and the Client by email before placing the order. For source documents in non-editable format or when partial translation is required, applicable rate per word shall be pre-agreed instead of a total price and LingvoHouse will calculate the final total price upon delivery based on word-count in translation
- All prices are subject to UK VAT of 20% for UK clients.
- Pre-payment may be requested upon sole discretion or the Agency. All other payments shall be made strictly within 30 calendar days of an invoice date.
The Agency reserves the right to charge interest on amounts outstanding more than 10 working days, for every day of delay at the rate of 4% above the UK base rate. Interest shall accrue on a daily basis.
6. Legal Aid Agency and Third Party Payments
- Services are payable by an entity/person who placed order. Where at any time the Legal Aid Agency or any other third party/end client is involved in payment for all or part of LingvoHouse services, this has to be explicitly agreed upon before any order is placed.
- Any claims post-completion of translation will not be accepted and we cannot be requested to provide any information, breakdown of fees etc., or assist in any other way in getting our invoices paid by the Legal Aid Agency or by any other third party.
- Service Level A is a budget self-proofread translation service designed to produce a translation to reflect the original meaning of the source text, rather than style & voice. This service is meant for requests where fast turnaround times are required and when the translation is not for publishing. Style is not a primary consideration and any terminology and wording preferences of the Client will be taken into account only if communicated beforehand. Otherwise the choice of translation terminology will be translator’s sole discretion. Small errors can occur due to the lack of a second checking stage. It is implied that the client will fine-tune the translation in-house if they need certain style & voice.
- In the unlikely event of quality concerns, grammar mistakes and instances of inaccurate meaning will be corrected ASAP. Provided the client provides a redline document pointing out specific errors. We will not address any style, preferred terminology or other concerns unless the client provided reference materials beforehand (see p.2.3).
- Service Level B. The second translator will proofread and correct the translation for grammar mistakes and instances of inaccurate meaning, but will not address style & voice. For style translation (when the translation is required to be styled to sound as if it was originally drafted in the target language) clients should order Level C. Claims cannot be made in respect of translation of Client’s specific terms, abbreviations or other specific data unless the reference material or terms dictionary was provided beforehand. Same applies to other levels. Translators input is not meant to substitute work of specialist consultant such as marketing, legal and finance to produce a business critical document.
- We will not mirror the original format or provide any additional layout & formatting work where the source document is in non-editable format (unless this is paid for extra), however we will make sure translation is presented in a way that it’s understandable to a user and the document is tidy.
- LingvoHouse certifies translations according to the UK standards only. The translation will come on our official letterhead and include our credentials, details of the translator, confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document, our contact details, stamp, date and e-signature of the translator or an authorised official of our Agency. Special requests shall be communicated beforehand.
- Notary, solicitor or sworn certification should be requested separately before placing your order and comes as extra cost. LingvoHouse cannot be held responsible for non-acceptance or non-conformity of the chosen type of certification.
11. Use of translation
- The Client will indemnify LingvoHouse against all liabilities, losses, or costs that the Agency may incur, in consequence of any claim that may be made against the Agency in consequence of the use of, or content of, any translation delivered by the Agency.
- The Client agrees that the Agency does not in any way guarantee any results specific or otherwise deriving from the Agency’s services, and the Client accepts that said services may result in the loss of capital.
- The Agency guarantees that the services will be provided using reasonable care and skill. The Agency expressly does not give the Client other guarantees whatsoever and excludes any implied warranties to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- The Agency shall not be liable for any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied guarantee, condition or other term, for any duty at common law, for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, cost, expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of the Agency, its agents or employees or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the provision of Services or their use by the Client.
- The Agency will use its best endeavors to deliver the services within any agreed time, but shall not be liable to the Client or be deemed to be in breach of the Terms by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of the services, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Agency’s reasonable control.
- The entire liability of the Agency under or in connection with the provision of the services shall not exceed the amount of the Agency’s charges for the provision of the services, except where liability cannot by law be limited.
- The agency shall keep confidential all information and documents delivered to it by the client and shall not disclose any such information or the contents of such documents to any third party unless compelled to do so by law.
14. Document & Data Retention Policy
- Unless you request so in writing before placing the order, the following applies:
- any copies of any documents/communication received from you for translation after translation is sent to you by email, or post (documents sent for quotations will be deleted after 1 month since receipt),
- any copies of translations on file after the translation has been sent to customer by email may be / may not be deleted on our own discretion, at any point of time after 1 month since delivery.
- We are not obliged to maintain any detailed account or/and order data (including rate per word quoted, number of words ordered etc.) beyond what’s required by the HMRC for accounting purposes.
- If the client requires deletion of any data or documents they must email so.
- Contents of 13.1 relate to orders placed by businesses. Individuals please refer to Full GDRP Policy Here which LingvoHouse is now compliant with.
- Should any copies of previously ordered translations be required in the future, you will have to place a new order for this service.