1. Translation of names, addresses and dates
- The client MUST provide the desired spelling of names in target language before/immediately after the order is placed.
- Where documents are scans/pictures, the client must also provide provide typed addresses and dates, otherwise spelling of names & addresses and dates format will be translator’s sole discretion and we will not accept any complaints in relation to misspelling. Any special instructions for spelling should be communicated beforehand.
- Misspelling of names & addresses and dates does not constitute a mistake in translation.
- We will NOT mirror the original format or provide any additional layout work where the source document is in non-editable format (i.e. recreate tables, stamps and etc.).
- The translation will be formatted to produce a tidy and professionally looking document ready for public use but not necessary resembling the original document in layout and format (mirror formatting is usually NOT required in the UK), unless this is paid for extra.
- Clients are quoted by default for the budget certified translation unless specified otherwise. Translation is reformed and proofread by a professional translator using reasonable care and skill and according to grammar rules of the target language.
- Small errors & typos can occur due this being a budget service hence the lack of a second checking stage. Up to 3 typos are admissible.
- The client will be sent the draft translation for checking before certification is performed.
- In the unlikely event you spot any typos or errors, or otherwise consider translation below standard, please email us the list of specific errors and we will correct them straight away for you. Grammar mistakes, numbers, dates and instances of inaccurate meaning will be corrected. We will not address any style, punctuation, preferred terminology or other concerns.
- Style is not a primary consideration and any personal preferences of the Client will be taken into account only if communicated beforehand.
- LingvoHouse certifies translations according to the UK standards only.
- The translation will come on our official letterhead and include our credentials, details of the translator, confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document, our contact details, stamp, date and signature of the translator or an authorised official of our Agency.
- If the translation is for an embassy or another country, please contact the office via firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE placing the order. Special requests (for embassies, use abroad and etc.) shall be communicated beforehand.
- Notary, solicitor or sworn certification should be requested separately before placing your order.
- LingvoHouse cannot be held responsible for non-acceptance or non-conformity of the chosen type of certification.
5. Placing order & Postage
- Unless otherwise agreed, translation is reformed and proofread by the same translator.
- If second proofreader is required, it can be arranged for half an extra fee if requested beforehand.
- Turnaround times are quoted for delivery by email only.
- If requested, hard copies will be sent out after delivery by email via 1st class post unless otherwise agreed. Please check with Post Office for delivery times.
- Any discounts or vouchers shall be presented before placing the order.
- LingvoHouse T&Cs are deemed accepted upon confirmation to proceed.
- Full payment must be made to proceed with the order.
- If you need to cancel your order, you must send us a cancellation email. You will be charged pro-rata for the work already done by the time we receive your cancellation email. For the rest of the amount you will receive a refund by cheque or Paypal.
- The price the services shall be agreed upon by the Agency and the Client by email before placing the order. Full payment must be made to proceed with the order.
- All prices are subject to UK VAT of 20% for UK clients.
Use of translation
- The Client will indemnify LingvoHouse against all liabilities, losses, or costs that the Agency may incur, in consequence of any claim that may be made against the Agency in consequence of the use of, or content of, any translation delivered by the Agency.
- The Client agrees that the Agency does not in any way guarantee any results specific or otherwise deriving from the Agency’s services, and the Client accepts that said services may result in the loss of capital.
- The Agency guarantees that the services will be provided using reasonable care and skill. The Agency expressly does not give the Client other guarantees whatsoever and excludes any implied warranties to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Especially we do not guarantee that the translations will be accepted overseas unless you provide explicit certification instructions for your specific country BEFORE you place the order.
- The Agency shall not be liable for any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied guarantee, condition or other term, for any duty at common law, for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, cost, expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of the Agency, its agents or employees or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the provision of Services or their use by the Client.
- The Agency will use its best endeavours to deliver the services within any agreed time, but shall not be liable to the Client or be deemed to be in breach of the Terms by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of the services, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Agency’s reasonable control.
- The entire liability of the Agency under or in connection with the provision of the services shall not exceed the amount of the Agency’s charges for the provision of the services, except where liability cannot by law be limited.
- The agency shall keep confidential all information and documents delivered to it by the client and shall not disclose any such information or the contents of such documents to any third party unless compelled to do so by law.